An important update to a Bill was introduced into law effective November 1, 2013. All employers are responsible for providing a workplace free from bullying and harassment.
Employer’s obligations under Bill 14 are as follows:
- A policy statement that bullying and harassment will not be tolerated.
- Actions to prevent or minimize bullying and harassment.
- Communication to employees of the policy statement and preventative steps.
- Specific procedures for employees to report bullying and harassment, including when a supervisor is the perpetrator.
- Specific procedures on how to deal with complaints including investigations, roles, and corrective actions.
- Training employees on recognizing, responding, and reporting bullying and harassment.
- Annually reviewing employee policies and procedures.
If you have not done this with your employees and wish some assistance please contact us at www.lrassess.com
If you know of someone who could use this information please pass it on.